Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Celeste's My Name Essay

Heavenly
            In Spanish, my name means “from the heaven.” In French, it means ‘heavenly;”
probably that means that I am an angel. It is surprise. It is like the number six. A light blue color.
It is the whoosh sound of the wind, and its hard try to throw the trees on the floor.
I am the first in my family with such a name, or at least, that is what my mother says. She wanted me to be “Merari,” and I know it is a beautiful name too, but honestly, I think mine is much better. I am as strong and fierce as a horse. I am proud of how I am, like a butterfly is glad of its colored wings. It feels good to have such a particular name, it makes me who I am. Beautiful, strange and mysterious.
It was a book that named me, and probably that is the reason why I want to read every single book that has been written. The problem is that it was not a fiction book, neither a historic nor poetic, like the ones I like to read. It was a “Baby’s names” book, but at least it was a book and is that what indisputably matters.
In English, the way to pronounce my name changes, but just a little bit. In Spanish, it is “Celeste,” and every letter has a sound and an important part in it. But in English, the last “e” has not sound, and, in an American’s mouth, my name sounds like “So let’s…”. Because of that, sometimes I get confused.

If in the future, I have the option to change my name, I will probably not change it. Because it is my name, I appreciate it, and my mom did choose it especially for me and I like it. I’m sure when I say, that I won’t change it. Not even for all the books on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment