Thursday, November 9, 2017

ANDRES: MY NAME

Andres Alvarado
English 9
Ms. Henderson
September 20, 2017
Keeping My Name Alive
            In Spanish, my name means manly and brave. In English, it means proud. It is outgoing and quick to say. It is like the number 2. My name has a bitter sound to it once you say it. It is the color orange, and is like a basketball banging on the basketball court. My name inspires me to be a good person no matter what happens.
            Before I was born, my uncle passed away and his name was Andres. He was a very nice and generous person that everyone loved. When he passed, everyone was very sad, including my parents. My mom and dad decided that they wanted to keep his name alive, and so they chose to name me Andres and wanted me to be a generous and loving person just like my uncle.

            When I was younger I always wanted to change my name to something other than Andres, but that was before my mom told me the real reason she named me Andres. I constantly wanted to change my name to Peter because I loved Spider Man as a kid. I always wanted to be something in life and have a positive impact on people’s lives. Now that I know the real meaning behind my name, I love it and would never change it no matter what. Even though hundreds and thousands of people have my name, they don’t have the same story behind it like I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment