Thursday, November 9, 2017

JOSEPH: MY NAME

Joseph Nguyen
English 9
Ms. Henderson
September 20, 2017
God Shall Add
            In Hebrew, my name means God shall add. In English, it means helpful, nice, kindness. My name is the color of yellow. It is the number 16 for good luck. At home my name means joyful, proud, and calm. In school my name means stressed and mad. At church my name means peaceful, religious, saint, and God. My name sounds like the ocean waves splashing.
            My parents named me Joseph because it was after a saint. My name is as gentle as a fish. My parents chose that name because it was after Saint Joseph, and they hoped I would have the same characteristics as Saint Joseph. My name is so common the more than a billion people have my name. I feel like I’ve become someone more powerful.
            I wouldn’t change my name for anything. I like my name because I was named after a Saint. My name is like an angel flying around helping people. I’ve become a better person because I’ve learned to do things on my own and help out people. I’ve become someone I thought I would never be.


No comments:

Post a Comment