Thursday, November 9, 2017

KIMBERLY: MY NAME

Kimberly Torres
English 9
Ms. Henderson
September 15, 2017                                   Baby Pink
       In English my name is like the wood of the royal forest. In Spanish my name means baby.it means happy it is like the number 21. A baby pink color goes with my name because as a baby my room was a baby pink color. Kimberly is a calm name like the singing birds “tweet, tweet.” 
      My parents choose the name Kimberly because my dad used to watch this show called Power Rangers, and there was this girl named Kimberly, and he liked it. Also the name Kimberly is the name of a tasty kit-Kat bar. I don’t really like the name Kimberly because thousands of people are named Kimberly. Gemini is my zodiac sign Gemini, is the 3rd sign of the zodiac. Which means people under this sign love to talk and I love to talk.
         I wouldn’t change my name because Kimberly can be called by many different ways. My friends and parents not just call me Kimberly they call me Kim or Kimmy. Some of my friends call me Kimbo and the reason they call me like that was because at Seneca, my civics teacher, Mr. Bell, asked me what did I wanted to be called, and I said I really didn’t care so he told me my name is going to be Kimbo, so Then my friends heard, and they started to call me like that, Everyone in my civics class had nicknames that the teachers and students would  laugh at.

    I also like the name Kimberly because it sounds like a happy name like if someone is giving a gift to you. It sounds like a summer name like a kitten flying on kites on a sunny afternoon. I am the only person in my family named Kimberly that’s why I would like to keep it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment